Submissions -- Anthology
A Melinda Cochrane International new call for submissions in the Inspired Heart series.
The publisher’s mission is to create a poetry/poetic prose anthology of submissions from adults written for a younger audience, aged 14-18 years old, and requests submissions be both appropriate and accessible. Cochrane, also a teacher, says, “As an educator, one of the things that seems to be missing in what I teach is a great contemporary anthology of poetry for youth. I often feel that many students are turned off by poetry because they simply cannot connect with it. Because of this, I’ve created this call.”
Each contributor included in the book will receive an author copy, with the anthology slated for release in the summer of 2019.
Bruce Kauffman will serve as editor for this anthology.
The call will accept up to 2 poems per contributor, but feel free to send as many as 5. Please send them as a word.doc or word.docx attachment, and please also read full submission guidelines before submitting. You can access it and other information at: www.melindacochraneinternationalbooks.com
Submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “anthology submission” in the subject line.
Call deadline: December 31
1. Must be 18 or older to submit.
2. A maximum of 2 poems or poetic prose per poet will be considered for publication. You may, though, submit up to 5 pieces if you’re uncertain which might best fit.
3. I really don’t like having to feel like a censor when it comes to poetry, but will still ask you to consider that language be geared toward this younger audience. So, like PG.
4. There is no thematic scheme for this call. Anything you think might be interesting, relevant, or thought provoking to that age group would be welcome.
5. Unpublished work is preferred. Please let me know if it has been, with the previous publisher’s name and year or date it was published.
6. Please send each poem as a word.doc attachment to email@example.com with ‘Anthology Submission’ in the subject line. It is preferred that all attached submissions are in a single email. Questions can be sent to that same address with “Submission Questions” in the subject line.
7. Deadline: 11:59pm, December 31, 2018.
Available at Amazon and Indigo Books online